Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hellllooooo Christmas break!

Yay for Christmas break starting today! It was a frustrating day, too. Good thing it was only a half day. L called me last night to tell me she was taking care of the movie for a class reward today. She'll bring the DVD. She asked about Pay it Forward, I said not appropriate. So we decided on Shrek 3. So Kevin and I are setting up the video equipment in the gym, where we were going to watch the movie. 30 minutes later, we can not get the damn thing to work! So I bring in a regular TV stand and it was doing the same thing....we get sound but no picture. Now it's 45 minutes later, the two classes are now in the bleachers eating popcorn and waiting. So up on the screen shows "track 1:35". Tracks? On a DVD? OMGOSH she brought a fricken SING ALONG CD. UGH!!!!!!!!!!! So I was like, screw it, send the kids back but L was insistent we put Pay it Forward in. I didn't want to get into an argument infront of the kids so what the hell, she put it in. After the gun and car crash the movie intro's with, the scene at the strip club the mom works in, and a few cuss words, I told L that we should NOT be watching the movie. She wouldn't give in. SO a few minutes later, the VP walks in and says we shouldn't be watching the movie...well DUH. L still argued the point, saying "but it has a good message." Yeah, you'll learn about a good message when we get parent phone calls and get in trouble. I was just so irritated. I love L to death but sometimes she just will not back down about things and this time I could get in trouble for it.

Any way, after school, I went shopping with Karlyn, Robin, and Janet and then to the Sea Galley for their salad bar and wine (I had Pepsi). Turned out to be a decent day but the movie thing is still bugging me. I can't blame it all on her...I could have made a scene and removed the DVD but I didn't so I get to suffer the consequences if parents call to bitch.

So now I'm housesitting trying not to be completely annoyed by their cat and attempting to relax. I think I'll start up their fire place and cuddle up on their couch with a good book and a blanket. Yeah, that sounds good.

No comments: